Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One of my favorite things!


Weeping willows are soothing to me. The way they sway in the wind reminds me of summer breezes when I was a child. Before A/C we waited for the breeze to cool off in the hot humid summer time. Then when the much needed rain came it was even better. I remember getting to run out in the rain and check the rain gauge. I still like to hear the rain and a good (not damaging) thunder storm.
Isn't it great that good memories make us feel cozy and can take us back in time to safer days?

5 comments:

paula said...

LOL the only thing I remember about willow trees is when I went to my grandpas and the demrow boys would chase me and switch me
hope you are well jeani and your pic for the wedding was gorgeous

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Mark about a good memory of a fan being in a couple of windows at Grandma & Grandpa's house all summer long...
I think that's why I like them so much...

thePiks said...

I remember the smell of the AC window unit in my grandparents' kitchen. Wow, what a great memory. So nice to read your blog again!

Anonymous said...

Smores the sand box
The surprise ......
Taking a bath early....
" And what are we taking a bath now for? Doesn't she know it is still light out side?"
The surprise...
Going to the Walworth Co. Fair
I remember your mom and dad holding hands that night as we were walking along.
Rita got her cotton candy!
We had a good time!
do you remember?
T-4

Rita said...

Oh...I rem....it was a good day!!!!!!!!!! We planted a River Birch last year...it does better in this climate, hope it grows alot so we can enjoy it...If not..the next keeper of the house will...