Sunday, January 18, 2009

CARDS

I Was thinking about cards a few night ago and remembered a pair of cards that we found at my
Grandma Henning's house. They were Grandpa's and they were girly cards from gas stations or bars that were quite common in the 60's. It was the summer between 6th and 7th grade and we thought we had really found something until Grandma showed up and took them away. She was pissed at Grandpa. They immediately went into the burn barrel. I rem Doug and I looking in the barrel for them. She didn't even rip them up. T-4, I can't rem if you were in on the retrieval or not. They were more realistic than these. Looked on Ebay and if we would have saved them they would be worth some good money now. I don't think it ruined my childhood or anything.
Cartoons and teen singers are almost as bold as these cards were. Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A memory lane story I've never heard. :)
Those cards are just plain FUN. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha!
Just like you and Doug to find them and spoil Grandpa's fun.
I can just see Grandma throwing them away in a huff!
We have a lot of memory lane stories don't we! LOL
Remember the corn cob pipes?
T-4